Kollia Online Forums
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

البوابةالرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

What is the USMLE

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
أمير شومان
أخ أكبر
أخ أكبر
أمير شومان

عدد الرسائل : 819
العمر : 39
محل الاقامة : In my Grandfather Home
الوظيفة : Project
تاريخ التسجيل : 09/12/2006

What is the USMLE Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: What is the USMLE   What is the USMLE I_icon10السبت 30 يناير 2010, 12:09 am

What is the USMLE?
The U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) is a three-step examination program that is a prerequisite for U.S. medical licensure. Step 1 focuses on key concepts of basic biomedical science. Step 2 examines medical knowledge of clinical science essential for the provision of patient care under supervision. Step 3 (offered only in the United States) focuses on physician tasks and clinical encounters.
Steps 1 and 2 of the examination are offered outside the United States and are required by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG®️) as part of their certification program. ECFMG certification assesses whether graduates of medical schools outside the United States are prepared to undertake residency or fellowship programs in the United States.
What are the full requirements for ECFMG Certification?
To be eligible for ECFMG certification, medical school graduates must:
  • Document having received their final diploma from a medical school listed in ECFMG's International Medical Education Directory.
  • Pass medical and clinical knowledge exams—step 1 and step 2 of the USMLE. These exams are computer-based tests that can be taken at Prometric Test Centers at AMIDEAST and other locations around the world.
  • Take the TOEFL to demonstrate English proficiency.
  • Pass the Clinical Skills Assessment (held in the United States, in Philadelphia, PA).
    All of these steps must be completed successfully within a certain time period stipulated by USMLE/ECFMG. For further information, please refer to the ECFMG web site or review an ECFMG/USMLE information bulletin.

Where do I get a bulletin?
    AMIDEAST maintains a supply of test bulletins with all pertinent information about the USMLE, including the registration form. You may also download or request a bulletin from ECFMG.

Where and when can I take the USMLE?
    The USMLE is administered on computer in the Prometric Test Centers at AMIDEAST and other locations around the world. Medical school graduates schedule the USMLE after approval from ECFMG.

How do I register?
    You must first have your application reviewed by ECFMG, which will specify an eligibility period during which you may register for testing. You may then register at AMIDEAST, or, if you cannot go to AMIDEAST, you may also register directly with ECFMG by mail, fax, or on-line.
    How do I prepare for the USMLE?
    It is important for you to be familiar with the kinds of questions asked on the USMLE. There are several ways to prepare.
  • Practice with the CD-ROM and print test questions provided free by ECFMG to all registrants
  • Purchase USMLE preparation materials from AMIDEAST
  • Study U.S. medical texts

What do I do on the day of the test?
  • Arrive at the test center at the time designated on your admission ticket. Check-in procedures take time. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted to the test, and you will forfeit your test fees.
  • Bring photobearing identification, as described in the ECFMG registration bulletin.
  • Bring your test confirmation information.

What about my scores?
    Your official scores will be mailed from the United States about two weeks after the test. Please allow time for them to arrive by international mail.
    If you do not receive your score report, you must send a written request for a duplicate score report to ECFMG. Duplicate reports requested more than sixty days after the test administration will be provided as USMLE transcripts and will incur a transcript fee.
  • الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
    أمير شومان
    أخ أكبر
    أخ أكبر
    أمير شومان

عدد الرسائل : 819
    العمر : 39
    محل الاقامة : In my Grandfather Home
    الوظيفة : Project
    تاريخ التسجيل : 09/12/2006

What is the USMLE Empty
    مُساهمةموضوع: رد: What is the USMLE   What is the USMLE I_icon10السبت 30 يناير 2010, 12:11 am

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
    BRAVE SURGEON
    :: الريشة الذهبية للمنتدى::
    :: الريشة الذهبية للمنتدى::
    BRAVE SURGEON

عدد الرسائل : 3845
    العمر : 35
    محل الاقامة : HOme
    الوظيفة : Ambitious Human
    تاريخ التسجيل : 19/03/2009

What is the USMLE Empty
    مُساهمةموضوع: رد: What is the USMLE   What is the USMLE I_icon10السبت 30 يناير 2010, 12:27 am

ALAAH BLESS U
    الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001066480416

What is the USMLE
    الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
    صفحة 1 من اصل 1
     مواضيع مماثلة
    -
    » usmle
    » Doctors.in.Training.USMLE.Step.2
    » Doctors in Training - USMLE Step 1 Lecture Series 2009

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى